Church Window
Eleuthera Island, Governors Harbour, Bahamas
Limited Edition of 950

This HDR image is an composition of 3 separate photos taken from inside the St. Patrick's Anglican Church - In 1838 William Bethell built the first Anglican Church at Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera, at his own expense. In his Will he gave his mansion house on the hilltop at Governor's Harbour to St. Patrick's Church, after the death of a certain Mary Bullard. /P>

The capital of Eleuthera and the oldest settlement in the Bahamas, Governor's Harbour sits atop a high ridge that gently slopes toward a sheltered harbor. Victorian houses near the harbour recall the town's Loyalist heritage. Cupid's Cay and the settlement of Governor's Harbour, both located near the center of Eleuthera, side by side, are the oldest settlements in all the Bahamas. It is here that you will find incredible heritage homes over 150 years old, a small two cell jail over 125 years old, the site of the first Bahamian Parliament in 1746, the site of the first US Consulate General in July 1789, the restored Haynes Library from 1897, and the historic Methodist Church and St. Patrick's Anglican Church, both believed to be at least 170 years old.

Item Number : 3115
Format : 1 x 2
Type : HDR